Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas Tree Tragedy

So, I have been running around today trying to get like a million things done like laundry, sub plans, state ELD plans, and put up Christmas decorations. I decided not to put out all of my Christmas decorations as we are not going to be here for the actual holiday, but just a few to get in the spirit. It is also our first Christmas season in the house so I wanted to decorate a little. Tragedy

So, I was trying to be quick and efficient because I had like 3 things going on at once. I got the Christmas tree all set up and decorated, which took a long time because I couldn't make the branches bend and fluff enough to look full. I was getting frustrated. Anyway, once I got done I moved on to the next thing. As soon as I walked away I heard a loud crashing noise over my holiday music. What did I see but my little tree had fallen over. Our floor is all tile and not a soft cushion for some of our more fragile ornaments. Sadly some of my favorite ornaments had broken. I have been really stressed out with all I had to get done and was frustrated by the death of my ornaments that I sat on the floor and wallowed in self pity a little before fixing the disaster and moving on.

I have like an hours worth of ironing to do...mostly my husband's work pants which he has been patiently waiting for for over a month. It has gotten to the point where he has been wearing the same pants for a week because he was afraid if he washed them he wouldn't have any wrinkle-free ones to wear. He's tried to iron his own stuff, but some how he makes them worse. That is the one household chore he can't do. Sub plans to finish. Dinner to make. Laundry to finish. And a multitude of other things that need to be done tonight. Does it ever end? I think not. O-well better get to it. I apologize for my little stressful venting session, but Eric is at work and can't listen to me.

I promise my next blog will be way more fun!

No comments: