Thursday, December 13, 2007

You've Gotta Be Kidding Me!

OK, so I live in a town full of babies!

So it's been rainy here the last few days and with the rain has come some cooler temperatures. And I do mean cooler not cold. It's been only in the low 50s in the day and gets to the mid 40s to upper 30s at night. The higher elevations (the mountains) got snow instead of rain, which makes great scenery.

So anyway, people here think they're dying. My kids come with at least 4 layers of clothing on plus coats (for some). My co-workers wear their wool coats all day as they teach. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I wear a sweater to work in the morning and long sleeves in the afternoon. My coats and jackets haven't even made it out of the boxes yet. It's total hoodie sweatshirt weather. I love it! Fall is my favorite season, and if I can't have the colorful leaves at least I have the temperatures. I walk around our campus without a coat or scarf and people look at me like I'm crazy. I told someone we don't use the heat, and my goodness it was like telling a 5 year old there's no Santa. We still use our air at night to insure our apartment doesn't get warmer that 68 degrees. Again I was yelled at. People are wimps and well maybe a little dumb. Which I did tell someone the others day when they were whining about it being so cold. I think I should have kept my mouth shut because they didn't like that too much. But come on..they are! You'd think Tucson AZ was like the Arctic by the way most people here talk, dress, whine, and behave but seriously!

OK, I'm done now.

PS-
Eric is gonna take me up Mt. Lemon soon so we can go play in the snow! I'm so excited! The coats will come out for that. I am such a weirdo...I do like the cold and snow. I miss it actually. Why do I live here again????

No comments: