Saturday, September 3, 2011

One of Those Days

Look at that sweet smiling face. What a happy boy, right? NOT today!
It is just one of those days where everything is upsetting him. He has been in a constant state of whine. It has sucked! Eric is working so it's just the 2 of us and I can't seem to make him happy. I'm fairly sure it's because he's tired. The last two days at the sitter he has only taken an hour nap instead of a two and a half hour nap. We've put him down early for bed but have heard him up talking to himself as late as 8:45 (his bed time is 7:45). Plus, he was fussing in the night (bad dreams/feet caught in the slates of crib) and up early. So the kid is definitely tired.

He was mad at the blocks because they kept falling down. He was made at the trucks because the they apparently weren't working right. He was mad I wouldn't let him watch any more TV. He was mad the ball kept rolling under stuff (which he could have gotten if he'd tried). He was mad at the books for some reason or another. He was mad at mommy for not holding him constantly. Even when he was playing by himself, he was playing and crying at the same time. Plus, he's very into MINE MINE right now as well as MY TURN and NO! Mix it altogether with a whining kid and you have our day.

I love the kid to death, but it's just hard to have these kind of days on the few days off I have with him. However, that is the reality of parenting. Hopefully, he'll sleep for 3 hours and wake up in an excellent mood. Here's for hoping!

I should be working on my lesson plans or grading papers while he's sleeping because it could be short lived. Instead, I am blogging. I am such an excellent user of my time!


No comments: