Thursday, February 26, 2009

Match Play

Today Eric and I both had the day off. I have today and tomorrow off because of Rodeo Break and Eric just has Thursday and Fridays off for the month of February. Anyway, we were given free tickets to the Match Play golf tournament today. Eric and I loaded on the sunscreen and went up to Dove Mountain to watch the golfers. I wasn't too excited about it because I find golf as thrilling as watching cheese mold. Eric, however, was very excited to go. He was so cute. We got there and there were a ton of people. Most were there to watch Tiger. You could tell where he was on the course because there were the hoards of people following him.

It ended up being so much fun! We really enjoyed ourselves. We watched Tiger at several holes. We were able to get very close. So close, that we were able to hear the golfers converse with their caddies. Again very cool. It was neat to watch Tiger since he is such a sports legend. It was also fortunate we were able to go today because he lost to Clark and is now out of the tournament. We also got to see V.J. Sing (I think I spelled his name wrong), Jim Furyk, Ernie Els, and some other guys whose names I can't recall. They were fun to watch too. We also met and chatted with some cool people along the way.

It was a great day. We had to leave a little earlier than we wanted because I was feeling not so good from being in the sun too long. I was very good at applying the sunscreen every hour. The only part that got burnt was my scalp and feet. I should really invest in a hat. I just can't find one I like. I just hadn't been exposed to the sun for that long a time span for months. It sucked everything out of me and it eventually made my stomach hurt. We brought water but it was gone quite quick. There wasn't much for shade. The breeze did help with heat though. So we decided it was best to take off before I got too much sun, but overall quite pleasant day.

Anyway, that was our day. We thought we'd share. So, thank you Natalie and Travis for sharing your tickets with us. We had a great day!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Rodeo break? Are all the kids involved in the rodeo? Kind of like Tulip Time:)