So, I pride myself on my steel stomach. Smells can gross me out, food can gross me out, and vomit can gross me out. BUT NEVER! do I gag or feel like I will get sick. I mean seriously. Example: I have a chronic puker/gager in my class who daily will make herself throw up when she's nervous or upset (we've got it cut down to about once a week now). I just put a trash can next to her and we keep on trucking. It doesn't phase me. I had a kid throw up at my feet while reading a story to the whole class. I had everyone back at their seats working on something else before anybody figured out what had happened. None of these things have phased my awesome stomach.
And then today happened. My kids earned a party today. So they had chips and Hi-C with their movie. My little guy told me he didn't feel well and decided that juice and chips didn't sound good. He wasn't warm or pale and was still acting very social. So I put the trash can next to him, just in case. All is well. It's 10 minutes before the bell is going to ring and they're going to go home. 10 minutes until the freedom of the weekend starts. And then all red nastiness explodes in my classroom. Loud hurling stops all activity. Everyone freezes and watches like a bad accident. Red chunkiness just keeps coming and coming. Where is the trash can?! Where is the freaking trash can? Someone at some point tried to help Mrs. Breuker and put the trash can away. I scramble to get a trash can. All I can say is my poor carpet. Meanwhile, the smell starts to permeate our nostrils, the worse thing ever. What the hell did this child eat? I look up and about 4 kids have turned pale and started making their own gaging noises as they sit there and stare at the puker. The kid is making the worse vomiting noises ever and liquid just keeps pouring out everywhere. Crap what if more kids throw up. Noooooooooooooooo! Was all that I could think of.
Over all the tragedy was avoided. I got sick kid to nurse and the other kids to the rug while we waited for the buses to get called. A janitor came eventually to clean up the explosion.
It came close folks. I thought I could have lost my cookies. When the other kids started a gag reflex combined with the nasty smell...good night. I am glad to stay steel stomach was able to keep it together. However, I had intended on staying late to work but my room smelled like puke and I couldn't take it, so I left. I feel I earned it.
No comments:
Post a Comment