Monday, June 20, 2011

Holy Hannah It Is HOT!

Arizona is like the freaking sun right now. I think I may actually be melting. No joke! It's been 104-106 degrees the whole month of June. Yuck! It really sucks too because all my toddler wants to do is go outside. He goes to the slider and bangs on it with his little fists and says "outside outside." It's hard to explain to him why we can't go outside or should I say why I don't want to. By 8:30am the plastic on his slide and swing are too hot for him to touch without being burned. Our patio tiles are burning hot. He can sit under the over hang, but even then the heat is overwhelming and the amount of activities limiting. We try to go to the mall play place at least once a week. Some mornings we make it to the park before 9am, which is usually safe because it has a lot of trees that keep it shaded and the play equipment doesn't heat up as quickly. It's just so hard to find things for him to do without melting. I am sensitive to the sun too. I burn easy. Even with sunscreen, I get sun poisoning if I'm out too long. In addition, the heat gets me. I feel like I'm suffocating and sometimes I get a stomach ache. My house is starting to feel teeny tiny. I can't wait for a reprieve from this heat.

Anyway, I'm done bitching...for now. I added some pictures from dad's visit in April. He is reading Emmett one of his favorite books. We also have a pictures of the climber he got for Christmas form Grandpa Doug. In April, we were able to spend lots of time outside. He loves climbing on that thing and going down the slide.







No comments: