Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Running out of Time

Well, I have 11 days of maternity leave left, and it sucks! I am loving my time with Emmett and I'm dreading going back to work. Nothing in me wants to go back, but we've crunched the numbers and cut way back and still can't do it on just one income. So, Monday February 8th I'll head back to the classroom. Frown! It's not that I don't love teaching...I just love teaching Emmett more and would prefer that job. So, we're praying that sometime in the near future I'll be able to transition into a full time mom position. We know that if that's the Lord's plan it will happen. So, we're praying and cutting back on every possible thing to save $.

Emmett had his 2 month check up last week. He weighed 9lbs 7 oz. and was 21 inches long. He's almost doubled his birth weight, which is awesome. Good eaters run in the family. He does however have allergic colitis to cow's milk proteins. So, I have had to cut out all food containing diary, which unfortunately includes chocolate. I found some dark chocolate to substitute which will have to do for now. 90% of all babies with this issue out grow it by age 1. So, hopefully it won't be a big deal that long. Emmett started his vaccinations. That was hard to watch so I didn't. Eric held him down. He did OK. He cried and ran a small fever the day of but we made it through.

He can hold up his head for small periods of time. He is smiling and laughing a ton. He is very curious and likes to see everything. He is just such a blessing. Eric and I are really loving parenting and all that goes with it. Hope you enjoy the pictures. We'll try to update more often.















No comments: