Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No Pain No Gain: Day 2

So, Eli was 3 weeks yesterday and I feel like it's time to start working on the left over baby weight. I have about 15ish pounds (give or take) to get off. Yesterday, I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shredd. I totally did the low impact verision of the first step, but at least I started. I was a touch sore this morning, but I really felt it when I went to exercise again.

I am going about the weight loss differently this time. I went on Weight Watchers nursing moms program after I had Emmett. I started to take off weight quickly but I was unable to produce enough milk for Emmett on that program. Plus, Emmett had a dairy averision, and so I had to take all dairy out of my diet. I did not tackle my weight until I was finished nursing (13 months later). I went about weight loss with food only last time.

This time I am going to tackle it from the exercise end. While I am going to watch what I eat, I am going to try to be more active to hopefully start take off the weight before I quit nursing. My plan is to watch the high fat foods and sugar. I plan to eat what ever I want, as long as it's healthy fruits and veggies etc, and only eat when I'm hungery. Obviously, I will have to watch portion size, but being that I'm nursing I can have about 500 more calories than normal. I just need to be mindful of that and not go overboard. Hopefully with the increased activity it will help take off some of the weight. If anything, I would like to get toned up a bit. I think basically, I am following the common sense plan.

They say with each kid it is harder to get the weight off. Statistically, woman add 10lbs to their normal weight with each child. I really don't want that to be me. I've always been prone to be heavy and have had to work hard to get my weight down in the past. I figure I have to be proactive and tackle it before I get stuck back in my bad food habits. My sweet tooth has already taken hold of my diet, and I'm battling to cut down on the large amount of chocolate that's snuck in over the past few months. So, we'll see how it goes and keep you posted. Wish me luck!

No comments: